By Leanne – Spartans In-house Exercise Physiologist
- Listen to your body; reduce intensity when you are experiencing greater and increased levels of pain
- Understand that mild pain may not cause further damage for those with chronic pain
- Our muscles and ligaments love to move and feel better after movement
- When you first commence exercise, be sure to exercise on non-consecutive days, in order to allow the body to recover and rest.
- Chose exercises that you enjoy- there are plenty of options!
- Add some aerobic exercise to your program. This can be walking, running, swimming, cycling, dancing etc.
- Start slowly and build up. You don’t need to be running marathons next week! As a general rule gradually increase by increasing volume then intensity.